I’ve been waiting for this day for ages now, cause I had this idea already months ago! The video for LOST IN THE ECHO will drop tomorrow at noon PST and we have already seen a few pictures of it – enough to know that the video will have a great story with cool looking scenes.
I think the Linkin Park fans should be a part of the video somehow, and this is where the new fan art contest comes in:
1. Watch the LOST IN THE ECHO video
2. Take a screenshot of a scene you like
3. Edit a picture of yourself into the scene
Send the picture to email@example.com or @lpfancorner on Twitter. All submissions will be published!
This might be a bit challenging for people who don’t have a lot of experience with photo editing, so here are a few tips:
– You can use VLC video player to take a screenshot (Menu: Video -> screenshot)
– Take a picture of yourself in the position you want to be in the screenshot
– Crop yourself out of this photo (if you don’t have Photoshop, use freeware GIMP -> GIMP tutorial)
– Paste yourself into the screenshot
I think you’ll probably find screenshots of the video on Mike Shinoda Clan as well, so if that happens I will add a link to them here.
You want an example? Look at me lurking under Joe Hahn in Milton Keynes! I know, horrible editing and I have no arms, but this contest is all about having fun. There’s nothing to win, just some space on this blog here, so don’t stress yourself out over details!