If you’re a registered member of the Linkin Park online community or a Linkin Park Underground member, you should have received an email from the headquarter announcing some changes to LinkinPark.Com. Apparently, the website will move to a new platform at the end of the month. Here is the full text of the email with all the changes coming to our Linkin Park online community:
Dear LinkinPark.com community member,
We are getting ready to migrate LinkinPark.com to a brand new platform. Below is helpful information on what’s to come in the upcoming weeks.
Please read carefully.
Your LinkinPark.com Account
Your account is currently registered under the email address where you received this message. You will need to use this same email address to activate your new account, and you have until August 14th to update any of your information. Making any changes to your account after August 14th will not be possible until on or around August 29th.
When will the migration take place?
On or around August 29th, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your new LinkinPark.com account. Li
nkinPark.comwill look the same, and we are working on launching a brand new design for the near future.
I’m an LPU Member, how does this affect me?
Your membership expiration date won’t change. We will be bringing over all of your LPU membership information onto the new platform. On August 15th, the LPU Store and all LPU Membership products will be unavailable for purchase until the launch of the new LPU Store. LinkinPark.com and the LPU Hub will look the same for now.
Can I still buy an LPU 15 Bundle or renew my membership before the migration?
If you haven’t purchased an LPU 15 Bundle, or renewed your membership, we encourage you to do so before August 15th. You will also have the ability to purchase an LPU membership or LPU 15 Bundle after the new LPU Store launches.
Visit the LPU Store: LinkinPark.com/LPUStore
What changes are coming?
Here is a list of what we are migrating:
- Your account details
- The Date your account was created
- Your Birthday
- Your Points, please note points won’t be active right away but your current total points will be transferred onto your new account even if not visible
- Linkin Park Forums – Yes! All of your forum profiles, topics and posts will stay as is. We are keeping the Discourse Forum and will open up the whole Forum to all users
Here is a list of what isn’t being migrated:
- Friends List
- Direct Messages, for now, this feature will be discontinued
- Fan Blogs
- Older post comments won’t be migrated
- Tiny Chat, look out for a brand new LPU Chat experience inside the Linkin Park App! Coming Soon.
What are some new features to expect in the new platform?
- Fan Posts, similar to a tweet or a short post
- Likes / Shares / Commenting on news and content
- Connect your Social Media to your LinkinPark.com Account
- Brand New Contest Widgets
We are working to bring you many more platform features in the near future, including a brand new Linkin Park App for iOS and Android. Coming Soon.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to bringing you a brand new experience on LinkinPark.com.
-Linkin Park HQ and the LPU Team